Thursday, October 21, 2010

Disable Ribbon Positioning System in SharePoint 2010

Ok, so I'm working on branding a SharePoint 2010 public facing internet site, and I just couldn't figure out how to disable the ribbon positioning system.

I started out using the steps provided in this article (I recommend reading this article if you are unsure of how the v4master page works with the ribbon positioning system), which are as follows:

1. Remove the "_fV4UI" variable from the top of the page
2.Remove or change the Workspace element's ID to make the ECMA Script code abord early during window resizes
3.Remove the "scroll=no" in the body tag
4. In your CSS file, remove or change the width, height, and overflow declarations ont he bady tag
5. Optionally, in your CSS file, remove the s-4 workspace and s4-bodycontainer rules since they are no longer necessary

So after going through these steps, the scrolling still did not work for me. I'm guessing I missed a step that was inferred in step 5, but here is what I added to my custom CSS file to get scrolling to work:

body.v4master{
height:100%;
width:100%;
overflow:auto;
}

Hopefully this helps someone out there!

No comments: